We couldn't find a church that had services in English, so we went through the Easter story in the Bible with the kids in the apartment. The kids wanted to do a play for us of the Easter story that they had worked on the night before. We then split up girls and boys. Daddy & Hudson had some Daddy & son time and went to a playground and had submarinos at a cafe. The girls went to take some more pictures and walk along Avenida Alvear during the day and stop at a cafe, as well. We then all met up at a little place for lunch that is supposed to have the best empenadas in Buenos Aires. We concurred that they were the best we've had in our samplings. We then had our last dinner in Buenos Aires at a great little authentic place on the corner near our apartment. It was some of the best Argentine cuisine we've had, too. Doug had a yummy stew that I'll have to try to make when we get home and we tried their Bife de Chorizo and a yummy Argentine style sweet potato shepherd's pie. Delicious! Que rica!

Easter morning. No Easter basket this year, but a few little surprise treats.

The thing around here seems to be these chocolate eggs (of all sizes) that have toys inside. They're pretty cool and the kids loved them (toy and chocolate!)

Sutton made us an Easter card :)

Their play turned out being the entire Gospel, not just the Easter story. Sutton was the producer and director. Here she is as Mary (pregnant with Baby Jesus) and Joseph is leading her on the donkey to Bethlehem.

Hudson is a wise man bringing gifts
001_14-707558.jpg)
There were more scenes, but we'll just fast forward to the Easter part. Here is Jesus in the tomb.
002_15-708233.jpg)
And rising again!
004_16-708740.jpg)
And, Jesus showing the disciples his wounds to show it's really Him
009_17-709162.jpg)
Daddy & Hudson heading off for boy time. Sutton got her own camera (our small one) and I had my big one. She was excited to take pictures of whatever she wanted.
Here are some of her shots:
she wanted to show how the streets and walkways are in BA. They're pretty old and crooked in most places.
some flowers she liked
her self take of her mouth
a doggy she saw sleeping
a building from her perspective
We saw this beautiful Chocolatier. Very festive.
023_22-713572.jpg)
The Hyatt
037_25-715336.jpg)
064_32-720345.jpg)
070_35-722386.jpg)
The Recoleta Fair
looking back at Recoleta Village from Cemetery & Basilica
towards Libertador Street from Recoleta Village
Sutton, Kerrigan & I stopped for a snack at La Biela Cafe. This building is one of the original buildings from the 1800s. It used to be a general store. It became this cafe in the 1950s.
Sutton & I tried Mate Listo. It's a popular drink here that I keep hearing/reading about and seeing cups for everywhere. They sell these cups with a straw attached. Now, I know that that straw is basically a filter. It has tiny holes at the bottom. So, we got the diposable version. Had to at least try it. Well, it was nasty. You get this cup full, I mean full, of chopped up tea leaves and whatnot. And, they bring a pot of hot water and sugar. You pour the water in the cup and add sugar. Barely any water fits. Then you drink through the straw to filter the water. It's really strong and bitter. I really didn't like it. Either did Sutton. Maybe if we put both sugars in, but I doubt it.
3 comments:
looks like you guys are having fun!
I have been packing/moving all week so not as much time to read the blog as I would like!!
I hope to catch up next week.
We move today :)
I love the Easter/Gospel play! What a precious thing!
And tell Sutton that she is going to be a great photographer like her Mommy! :)
Wow... what fun! Doug... looks like you are a very obedient donkey... you go wherever your master leads. ;-) What a fun time! We loved the pics. And Sutton, wow... what big teeth you have! Great job taking pictures! We love you guys and continue to pray for you as you travel! Love Kevin, Jody, Abby, & Andrew :)
Post a Comment