Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Hole in My Face
I contemplated posting a picture, but decided to spare you. It's pretty yuck. I finally got a growth on my face checked out. Turns out it is basal cell carcinoma. If you're going to have cancer, I guess this is the one to have. It does not spread through the body and is slow growing. The only problem with mine is that it's on my face and pretty good sized :(. So, now I have a hole in my face from where the Dr. took the tissue for the biopsy. And, there's a lot more to be removed - it goes pretty deep, he said, and pretty wide. I'm not going to lie, I'm getting quite nervous as to what it will look like when I get it removed. Who knows when that will be, though, because the plastic surgeon the dermatologist wants me to go to is pretty booked up, so likely won't be until the end of Feb or March! So, I'll be walking around with a hole in my face covered by a band-aid for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, Brooke! I'll be praying for you and a FAST healing. Praise our Father that it was discovered!
Thanks, Flo!
no!! I'm so sorry Brooke. The vain side of me is just aching for you, having to walk around with a hole in your face.
I will be praying! Flo is so right - praise the Lord that you found this so quickly. We will pray.
Oh goodness!! We'll be praying for you.
Hi Brooke! I just found your blog today and want to tell you that I'll be Praying for you! I have cancer myself. Also, I have to say that I love your photography! The "cousins" all in their winter gear is darling! Blessings to You! ~ JO
So sorry to hear this Brooke, but thankful it's not worse! You are beautiful, hole or not :-) What a blessing you are to your children--teaching them that beauty isn't outward perfection but a believing heart. Praying for you as you are on this journey.
Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words and prayers!
Jo, nice to meet you! Thanks for leaving a note. I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. Yours is more serious than mine. I'll keep you in my prayers! Thank you, too, for your compliment :)
Post a Comment