Got some of my Chicago fix in on the 23rd. We drove up early that morning and spent the day there, driving home late that night. Chicago is beautiful to me and is so fun to be there at Christmas time. Everything is decorated so beautifully and all lit up. We loved it and had a great time!
There were some great sales 2 days before Christmas, so we got my Christmas present :) (the boots I've been needing for a long time - my other ones were falling apart).
I only brought my little camera, which was a hard decision :). There were so many beautiful sites and things to photograph that would've been better quality with my big camera. But, was much easier to carry my little one!
We mainly wanted to enjoy the sites in the beautifully decorated and lit up city, to ice skate in Mellenium Park and to see the Macy's Christmas windows. 
We began waiting in line to skate, but the line was so long, we gave up. It was cold, too, so we wanted to keep moving.
The 'bean' with snow on it.
Every landscape area and every building was decorated and so pretty!
Beautiful lights everywhere. Love it!
We stopped in the Disney store for Kerrigan and to warm up a bit :) Her eyes were SO big, she couldn't believe this place! Princesses everywhere!
We noticed a small crowd around this window and realized it was the ABC News being broadcast Live. Pretty cool to see.
Warming up some more and getting hot chocolate at Starbuck's :)
We walked a lot of miles and the kids did great! Thank you for the stroller loan for Kerrigan, Derek & Leann!
So much neat, beautiful, old architecture
Have I said enough that I love all the lights?!
I love the Water Tower. Such a pretty building.
Lots of pretty old churches, too.
Stopping in the Hancock Building to see the big train set up.
Michigan Avenue, Wrigley Building
Chicago Police on horseback. One horse had a Santa hat.
The policemen were nice and let the kids pet the horses.
The Wrigley Building
and the top of it
Love the old clocks
Macy's on State Street
The story of the windows this year
I didn't get a picture of all the windows, but many....
We then stopped in La Grange on the way home. We love this cute, little town. We first found it, because it has a Trader Joe's on the way home. We made our Trader Joe stock up trip (filled up two shopping carts) and had dinner at Chipotle.
Read the history of Chicago on wikipedia on the way home. Very interesting!
Was a great day!














1 comment:
WOW! This looks like it was SO much fun! Even though I'd never want to live IN a big city... I do love going to visit them! We missed seeing Seattle all decorated, due to our sickness and then the family stuff going on :(
We always have next year!
These were wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment