Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday - Estoy Enferma (BA Day 12)

I am sick. The kids have traded off a sickness and now it got me. It's pretty much wiped me out and I can't take any sinus meds because of nursing. I am writing from another really cool cafe/ bookstore, though. We didn't want to stay cooped up in the apt., so we took a little walk to this bookstore and are trying out the stroller with our little fix it epoxy job. We love this cafe. The atmosphere, service and food/drinks are great. They have WiFi and even brought the kids pillows to put on their chairs to boost them up. Doug's reading his theology book, I'm blogging and the kids are listening to kids' stories on the iPod & mp3 player and coloring & Kerrigan is sleeping.
Many places are closed today, because it's Good Friday. So, the city is more calm. It's nice.
Well, once again, that didn't last as long as we'd hoped. Obviously time to get the kids back for naps.

Some other neat buildings on the way to & from the bookstore that I couldn't resist photographing :)

School of Economics (Facultad de Ciencias Economicas)

a Water Tower built in 1887 with Barcelona style influence

the cafe (Clasico y Moderno)

and more buildings. I just love the parisian style buildings, if you haven't already been able to tell that.

A thunderstorm came through that evening, which fit the mood of Good Friday. We went through the Good Friday story with the kids and ate dinner at home.

storm views from our balcony

1 comment:

RU said...

what great architecture! Looks like you are having fun snapping pictures! Good to see you guys enjoying yourselves :) Glad you are staying safe and having fun.
Can't wait to hear all the stories of your adventures- in person when you visit us in NYC :)
love, RU/Matt