La Playa Bonita - the beach we hung out on
the view from the beach
The Kerrigster enjoying the peacefulness
Daddy made beach toys out of a big water jug. They worked great.
The kids had a blast playing in the water and sand
Doug relaxing and reading
Doug really relaxing and enjoying the warm sun
Later that night, we went into town to walk around a bit, sample some chocolate & eat dinner at a restaurant that we read good things about.
an example of the swiss/german influence at this fondue restaurant
So much chocolate! Where do we start?

in front of Mamuschka after we bought a little bit to try. We're trying to determine which chocolate we like best. I doubt we'll make it to all the chocolatiers, but we'll try to make it to the top few. We'll keep you posted on our final votes.
Dinner at a cute little place - Kandahar. Hudson was having a rough moment.
The food was awesome. Some of the best we've had yet. This was a delicious salad with a blueberry vinaigrette and an amazing mushroom tart.
The kids had rabbit and loved it. It was the first time any of us have had rabbit. It was really good.
I had ciervo (patagonia deer). We all shared.
The local specialty is trucha (trout) - fresh from the lake. We were very amazed at how good it was.

















6 comments:
Hi way, way, way, way down there! That's how Grandma described your location to Lexi. Lexi keeps repeating it. Your pictures are so beautiful, and it sounds like such a refreshing time you are having. We had a great weekend with B&J's lovely news! Still keeping you in our prayers for safety and blessings. DLL&W
I've enjoyed reading your blog and looking at all the pictures! Looks like you guys are having a fabulous time.
More beautiful pictures! :) And oh, that chocolate!!
Rabbit huh? I don't think I have ever eaten rabbit. Very cool that you are being so adventurous and trying local foods! :)
We later talked to a local fishing expert who said that all the trucha is raised in a hatchery and not "fresh from the lake" after all. This was disapointing news, but we still can't believe with all these lakes that they don't catch fresh trout. We'll keep asking to confirm the real story.
I want some of that chocolate :) YUMMA
I like rabbit too- I have a bad story about the first time I tried it though, glad the kids can have it "first" surrounding good memories :)
The beach day R/R looks like just what I am in need of - this move has bit chaos and to top it off Matt broke my iPhone yesterday :(
Just wanted to let you know that we are enjoying following your journeys! Everything looks very beautiful. We are enjoying all the pictures. We think of you often. Love, Jerry and Marcia
Post a Comment