Monday, March 10, 2008

Arrived Safely in Buenos Aires

Sutton & Hudson got to go in the cockpit on the first flight. They loved it. I grabbed this shot really quickly, because people were trying to get on the plane behind us.
Excited to get to 'our trip'

Kerrigan in her carseat on the second flight.

Sleeping on the overnight flight.

We arrived safely after a long two flights (24 hours door to door). The kids did really well. There were a few whiny moments, but all in all they did very well! The hardest part was trying to all sleep on the overnight flight. Thankfully, we were able to secure a seat for Kerrigan so she slept great through the night in her carseat. She barely slept the whole day before then, but was still amazingly quiet and happy. It was cute, Sutton & Hudson kept asking,'when will we be on our trip?’ and told many people on the flight about it. So, now they’re happy we’ve arrived and are officially ‘on our trip’. After arriving at our apartment, we unpacked, showered and took naps. We are all pretty tired. We walked around the city a bit, had dinner, and did a little grocery shopping, while practicing some Spanish. The kids are in bed and we will go to sleep after writing this. Thank you for all the prayers for safe travels! We’ll write more tomorrow. Also, thank you so much for all the great comments and emails!

5 comments:

jillyco said...

Glad you arrived safely! I was thinking about you guys earlier, and prayed for you today!

I'm excited to see all of your travels, and I know you'll take some great photos too! :)

Stef said...

Awesome! So glad you got there safely. That picture of the kids in the cockpit is fabulous. What a treat!!
Get some rest and remember... we want sombrero pictures. :)


Love you guys <3

Unknown said...

Doug,

Glad to hear you arrived safely.

If possible, I would like you to keep us appraised as to what Hudson's favorite foods are. I think I would like to eat my way through these countries with you, Hudson and Jonathan (Jacob is still surviving on string cheese).

Patrick

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely and that the kids did well. Ahora tienes que practicar tu espanol y pon atencion lo que Dios tiene para ustedes. :)

Look forward to hear about your trip.
Martha

Trisha said...

How cool guys! You are brave to trip so far with your kiddos in tow! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! Glad to hear you arrived safely too!