Last week, Uncle Marv & Aunt Mary came to help me yet again. (They've been an amazing help to me/us!). We started into the entryway and were going to wipe down all the walls, but noticed the wallpaper was barely on. We thought that it would be better, instead of taking the time cleaning the walls, to just pull the paper off and paint it. Well, after the first big section came off extremely easy, the rest did not turn out to be so. So, the quick project turned into a bigger project. We finished the wallpaper removal today, though.
 |
| Starting in about 9am |
 |
The kids even helped. They were supposed to be doing school work I set out for them,
but I guess we'll have to have a make up day. |
 |
| a little over halfway about 12:30 |
 |
Reinforcements! My Mother-in-law came by around 1:30 to help.
We finished by about 4.
I just need to patch all the holes, etc. and Doug & I will hopefully paint on Saturday.
Thank you SO MUCH for the help, Marv, Mary & Mom! We were a great team!
And, thank you, Dean for the steamer!! |
4 comments:
Yes! We were a great team!! :=)
What beautiful oak doors and frames you have!! The house looks like its going to be amazing. I'm assuming you guys own it, since you're doing all this work to it?
How great that your family is coming over and helping out too!
Stef, No, we don't own it :). Most of the big renovations were done before we moved in -- other wallpaper removal in the ktichen, back entry/laundry area, bathrooms and paint; some new flooring downstairs. They were nice to let me choose paint colors for those walls and new vanities for the two bathrooms. There is A LOT more wallpaper, though and a lot of dirt, dust and bugs, since the house sat vacant for 4 years. So, the main projects we've been doing are cleaning projects. We started cleaning the wallpaper in that room, but it was falling off on the part we started, so we thought 'oh, it will all just come off really easy, so why waste time cleaning it'. Well, like the post said, only that first part came off easily, so it turned into a big project. If I could, I would remove all the wallpaper and get new floors throughout and new cabinets in kitchen, but since it's temporary and not ours, we're just going to live with what's here and try to get it as clean as possible. Sadly, it's really hard for me to be comfortable or able to relax when my home is not clean feeling and smelling. One of my biggest flaws or positives, not sure yet :).
My Mom has a wall paper story very much like yours! Crazy how that stuff sometimes wants to be a permanent fixture to the house :)
I am JUST like you. And I, like you, am not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing. Jason says its good because everyone in our home ends up being clean and comfortable... but my lack of being able to relax in a dirty, unkept place worries me.
We're looking to move to an older, more affordable home in the next couple of months and I've already been praying about my attitude toward the "older, needs more work" part :)
Post a Comment