Thursday, September 9, 2010

Portuguese Tutor & Providence

We had our first tutor lesson tonight.  We will meet with our tutor twice a week in hopes of being more prepared when we move to Brazil in January.

We don't believe in coincidence, but we do believe in providence.  God has continued to provide for us. Yes, there have been some hard things, but it is as if God is saying 'don't worry, I'm here and I'll continue to take care of you.  I know that you are having a hard time with some things, but you will grow and know Me more through it.  Trust me.  Look to me.'

Like I mentioned in a previous post about God putting those who eat like I do and can direct me to great resources in my path, he has amazingly put several Brazilian connections in our path in this small town of 2,000 in Central Illinois!  Our tutor lives less than a mile from us.  She rides her bike here to tutor us. She is 18 and grew up in Brazil until she was adopted by a wonderful family here when she was 14.  She was very helpful in our first meeting with pronunciation and explaining how people really speak in Brazil - not the textbook style we've been learning through Rosetta Stone.  There are two other families we've been put in contact with that are back here on furlough, but are missionaries in Brazil. Thank you, Lord, for these little reminders.

1 comment:

Stef said...

yes! praise God! You're totally right too, Brooke. These are small/big ways God is reminding you He hasn't forgotten you and that you are on the path He's chosen for you.
I'm so excited for you guys!