I think I remembered reading my friend Ruthann's blog way back when she first moved to NYC and was trying to catch a mouse. I think her dad told her to wire an almond down on the trap (so they can't steal it) and that'll do the trick. So, we wired hazelnuts (didn't have any almonds) down on 3 traps. Hudson found the poor little guy this morning in the trap near the entertainment center. Doug was at work, so I had to do the dirty work. I didn't empty the trap, but picked it and the mouse up with a plastic bag and put it outside until Doug gets home :). The kids were very into it. They wanted to see the other side of him and want to bury him. I'm just glad he's gone, but admit I did feel a little bad for killing him. I really don't want them in my house, but they are kind of cute.
BUT, then right after getting that guy out, I found these two droppings behind my desk / computer!!! I guess this will be a never ending battle. sigh.


1 comment:
oh yeah, baby!
The nuts wired to the traps get them every time! I have since switched to sticky traps but only where Wesley can't reach them.
Funny thing is that here in AZ I use the sticky traps to catch the crickets instead of mice :) Atleast your mice are silent (somewhat) compared to the constant chirping crickets....grrr...
Post a Comment