I think we will never forget where we were, what we felt on this day 9 years ago.
It brings tears to my eyes as I remember it.
I thought my friend, Stef, did a nice job in her blog post about this tragic day....9.11.01
(Hope it's OK that I linked to your blog, Stef!) Thanks for the post!
"For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ."
-- 2 Corinthians 1:5
"we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." -- 2 Corinthians 4:8,9
1 comment:
Aww, thanks Brooke - yes its fine :)
I loved that you added Bible verses...
I hope we never forget today. If nothing else, just to honor the men and women who gave their lives to keep us safe. September 11th always reminds me that we do live in an amazing country. Even though daily I feel like its falling apart at the seams and I wonder how long we'll in fact be free.
Its a day to remember what our country has stood for, for so many years and to remember that God protects us all the time. Sometimes I think I forget how much He watches over us, until something like 9.11.01 happens.
Enjoyed your post!
Post a Comment