Unwrapping it for the first time. The kids wanted to touch it and examine it. My stomach was turning.
Doug looked up how to cook it online. He boiled it with onions and some other stuff for a few hours (this was yesterday).
After boiling, he peeled it. Pretty gross looking, huh? I felt better knowing it was peeled, though!
The kids were still 'all over it' and playing with what Doug peeled off. Sutton isn't eating it here, but holding it up for the picture :). She thought it was the coolest thing. My stomach, still turning.
Hudson ran upstairs to get his microscope! :)
I forgot to take a picture of the final product that Doug finished tonight. He sauteed it with onions and peppers. I did try it, but can't say I liked it and fought the gag reflex with each bite. I gave the rest to Sutton and Kerrigan who loved it.




1 comment:
oh my goodness, my kids will be thrilled to see this tomorrow! They wanted me to buy beef tongue at Pike Place Market {where we buy our chicken liver} because they wanted to "check it out - NOT eat it" and I said no :)
They'll get a big kick out of finding out Doug DID buy it!
I have to tell you, I think its hysterical how people would flip out over your kids eating beef tongue or my kids eating chicken liver and yet those same people will eat food like McDonald's more than once a week sometimes! It made me laugh on FB when I posted about the liver...
Post a Comment