Monday, July 25, 2011

The Montage, Laguna Beach, CA

I love the ocean.  I love to sit by it, run by it, listen to it, watch it.  I love mountains and topography and flowers and sun -- so much of God's beauty displayed so wonderfully.  I could've sat here for hours just taking in the beauty and soaking up the sun.  Was even nicer to be able to enjoy it with family.  We spent some time hanging out here, walking the beautiful grounds, gardens and beach.  Then went to have our picnic lunch at a fun park nearby.
Loved these Dr. Seuss looking trees




Pretty succulents

The Montage Hotel.  Love the craftsman style of these.
This hotel is extremely expensive to stay in!  

We and the kids had fun looking in the tide pools at all the pretty ocean life
Lots of mussels, sea anenome, sea urchins, starfish and little fish
Kerr Kerr :)
The kids seem to love the beach as much as I do.  Much to keep them occupied.

Walking along the water with Daddy, Gran & Gramps.
Not sure where all the other kids were at this time.  Probably playing in the water.


So many amazing views in all directions!

This park was awesome.  The kids had fun burning off some more energy, of which none of them lack!





2 comments:

Stef said...

what an awesome park!! And beautiful beach pictures!
I wish I loved the beach as much as you do. It IS fun, that's for sure... but the clean type A freak in me hates the sticky, salty, sandy mess that always comes away from the beach. Maybe I'd get used to it if we lived near it :)

Gorgeous pictures!

Brooke said...

Yes, I used to only like the beach from afar, too, because of the clean freak in me, too :). But, the more you go, the more you learn the little tricks to easily cleaning up from it. Also, the type of sand at the beach makes a big difference. The sand is more fine at the beaches we've been going to, so it comes off more easily. I love how so many of the homes on the beach had outdoor showers :). Daniel's dad used to hose all four of the boys off at their front door before they could come in after the beach :).