Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sea World, San Diego, CA

We've been back from CA for a few weeks now, but haven't had much chance to blog.  We had a wonderful time in CA with my sister and her family and my mom and stepdad.  The kids and I went for two weeks and Doug joined us for the second.  It was hard to leave.  Unfortunately, I did not get nearly as many pictures as I'd wanted or hoped, but got some.  We were having so much fun and so busy that I neglected to get many.  After Doug got there, we spent a day at Sea World.  We all had a great time and loved all the sea animal shows.  One of my favorites was the Cirque de la Mer, I guess like the Cirque de Soleil but over and in water.  Again, I was so enamored by what they were doing, I didn't get any photos!  These people were amazing in what they could do with their bodies -- so strong and beautiful.
 
 Waiting for the dolphin show - in the splash zone.  (From top left back -- Daniel, Jacob, Hudson, Isaac, Beth, Doug, don't know this kid :), Rebekah, Sutton, Caleb, Kerrigan)

 cute little penguins.  lots of different kinds in inside exhibits, but lighting not good for pics.

 getting to hold starfish, sea anenome and sea urchins.  The kids loved this.



 our little mermaid :)


 Shamu! and 2 other killer whales - one a baby.  This was one of our other favorite shows.

 Awesome


 the other top favorite - the dolphin show.  Really good!

Would be so cool to work there and get to swim with these beautiful creatures!

Fun Day!

No comments: