Friday, April 15, 2011

Signs of Spring

Oh, how beautiful and welcomed are the signs of Spring after a long winter without color and sun!  It doesn't feel like Spring today, but we had nearly a whole week of wonderful weather with blue skies and sun!  I tried to capture some of the signs around our house....
Love blossoming trees


 New leaves

 Sun and Blue Skies!!
 
Flowering Bulbs

Dandelions

Spring here means I can plant my herbs from inside to outside!

Green Grass & Blue Skies!

Just a picture of Doug's parents' house we can see from our house :)

Gardens
Our Garden is nearly all ready and one quarter planted

The backyard after all the pruning we did.  Didn't get a before picture, but trust me, this is SO much better.  We'll just mow the weeds :)

Runs!
--without having to put on layers of gear.
This and the rest of the pics are from my phone on a run Doug & I took.  
So nice to be out running in a tank top, no humidity (as there'll be in the summer) and cold!

 There are purple flowers in many of the corn fields - until they plant next week.


Tulips!

New life!  
Now we'll spend this week meditating on our new life we have because of Christ's death and resurrection.  This is one of my favorite times of year, maybe even more so than Christmas.  
So thankful for the amazing gift of mercy God gave us in His Son!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." -- 2 Corinthians 5:17

"We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life." -- Romans 6:4


1 comment:

Stef said...

yes! I'm so excited for Spring/Summer too!! We had a long winter here as well. I think they said it was the coldest and longest one since 1956. I feel so honored :)

Loved these pics!