Cute isn't he?
He and two, or possibly more, others have been running around here since we moved.
Not anymore. If it's up to Doug, there'll be no Easter bunnies around here.
He's borrowed a 22 from his mom and dad and has already killed two of them.
Thankfully, he's done this early in the morning, before the kids are awake.
He was going to just keep quiet about it, but let the cat (or bunny) out of the bag
yesterday when he saw a third one running around outside.
With the kids there, he said, out loud, 'There's another one? I thought I got them all."
That resulted in a very sad and upset Sutton.
Makes me sad, too, but I'm glad I didn't have to see any of it.
Why is he killing the bunnies?
No, not because that shouldn't be the focus of Easter :).
But, because we've been working hard in preparing and planting a garden.
Bunnies are known for devouring a garden, so Doug is hoping to save ours.

2 comments:
Well, I used to like Doug.
Jason wants to know when you'll be cooking them - he'd like to be invited : )
We would've gladly invited you, Jase :). He buried them, though, because I wouldn't cook them, because they run around here eating GMO corn and pesticides, herbicides & fungicides :). Doug did suggest it, though. I think that would've really put Sutton over the edge, though.
Post a Comment