Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Scarface

Today is the day my Dr. instructed me to remove my bandages and begin using scarzone, massaging my scar.  It's not a very pretty sight.  I look as though I was in a knife fight.  It still hurts a little bit, especially after massaging.

Wow, the many things that God has been prying my fingers off that I wasn't aware I held so tightly.  This scar will always remind me of all of it.  I know He is doing it out of love for me and for His glory, but it still hurts :).
As I 'lose' more and more, I gain more of God, my Savior, which is of much more value.  Infinite value.

For your viewing pleasure :) --
Guess I'd better continue working on the inner beauty, 
as whatever outer beauty that was ever there is quickly fleeting!  
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
 -- Proverbs 31:30


4 comments:

Anna said...

You are still strikingly beautiful. Celebrate that. Not everyone has that gift.

Stef said...

so true, Brooke! And, I was pleasantly surprised with it! I think your Dr. did an amazing job, because that is one healthy looking scar. I bet it will diminish quickly as you take care of it.

Flo said...

love it. Thank you for sharing what God has taught u.

Team Argo said...

Brooke, wow, praise God they found it and could remove it. You are beautiful and so thankful the Lord gave you that verse. Thank you for sharing.