The temperature was negative 9 as Doug and the kids were driving me to the bus station in the morning. I was about to experience an 80+ degree change!
After a late bus and delayed flight, I happily landed in Orange County. My sister and her kids picked me up. It was great to see them all. We took the kids to Daniel's office and Beth and I walked along the beautiful beach and had a yummy dinner at a healthy, sustainably farmed, organic restaurant :).
We had a great time.
I snapped some photos with my phone as we walked along the beautiful beach
below the Montage in Laguna Beach.
Oh, how I love the ocean and the beach and the sun!
Sweet Daniel took the kids to school and Isaac to the office with him the next day.
Beth and I headed to San Diego for the next 3 days.
We ran every morning, basked in the sun and had more yummy, healthy food.

Brothers is a 100% grass-fed, organic burger place. We shared this yummy burger and salad. Delish!
Sweet Doug wanted to do something special for us for Valentine's Day and Beth's bday (although, he had already done a lot by taking care of the kids and finding help to take care of them while he was at work), so he called me and told me he made a reservation at JRDN for us and he wanted us to have a nice dinner.
It was on the San Diego Bay and was wonderful -- also sustainably farmed, organic, healthy food!
My husband knows me (and my sister for that matter) :)
My husband knows me (and my sister for that matter) :)
We had the BEST sashimi we've ever had! It was amazing.
There was a neat ceramic wall in the restaurant that would change colors
After a morning run, we listened to Beth's pastor streamed live Sunday morning
in the hotel room (great sermon!), then went over the bridge to Coronado.
This was the view of San Diego thru the car window as we were driving over.
in the hotel room (great sermon!), then went over the bridge to Coronado.
This was the view of San Diego thru the car window as we were driving over.
It's been a long time since either of us had been there and we didn't remember much of it.
We loved it. It's a cute little town.
Although, these pictures don't really do it justice from my phone and from the car!
Again, taken from the car as driving by, but the little downtown was cute.
Coronado Beach
The sand was so soft and nice
The famous Coronado Hotel
Beth took this of me as I was taking the picture of the hotel
Ahhhh, I could've stayed there forever.
The view coming back over the bridge. So pretty! I was taking it all in. I actually didn't take as much pictures as I'd hoped, because I was so busy just taking it in.
On Monday, Beth's kids had piano lessons in San Juan Capistrano, so we went for a walk along a great trail nearby. Beautiful. Reminds me of Livermore.
Lots of horses around there
My precious niece and nephews. Love them! Miss them all so much!
Thank you, Daniel, Doug, Mom & Leann!!
We had such a good time!






















1 comment:
her kids have gotten SO big!!
I've never been to San Diego, but after seeing those incredible beach pictures, I'm aching to go!
We're hoping to plan a Disneyland trip in the next couple of years; we may need to pay SD a trip :)
Post a Comment