Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too Busy Cleaning to Blog!

I hope to blog soon!  I have so much to catch up on - Canada, time with my sister, and the very hard first week here and all God is doing through it.  I will catch up soon, but must get this house in order first!  We are very thankful for this house, because it helps us to have somewhere to come back to when we do from Brazil, somewhere to store our 'stuff', and Doug has been able to walk out the back door to work and come  home for lunch, because the business is on the same property as the house.  But, this house has not been lived in for over 4 years.  That is very hard on a house.  A lot of work had been done on the house before we got here, but there is so much to still do.  I have spent nearly every waking minute cleaning!  It does have at least one benefit - I'm sure I've lost some pounds, because I have had no appetite because of it :).  Also, it has helped me accept and ask for help, which I'm not usually very good at.  My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have been a TON of help.  Aunt Mary and Uncle Marv helped a lot today, too.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We have cleaned (and still are) every wall, ceiling, cupboard, lined shelves, etc., etc.  It's amazing how much piles up over years!  Like I said, God has been working in my heart through all this.  I'll share more later!   Just wanted to put an entry in to say we're here (in IL) and will post more later.

2 comments:

Stef said...

can't wait to hear more and see pictures! I loved how you said you've probably lost a few pounds due to losing your appetite in it all. Its good to see you still have your sense of humor :-)

Praying for you!

RU said...

Lets see some pictures of this messy place :) OR are you waiting until you have some before/after shots.
And where exactly are you losing all this weight from? You don't have any excess to lose. Maybe I should start cleaning my house so I could lose all this baby weight!!
I am a green light for exercise so I can start whittling the fat off slowly ;( SIGH.