Monday, August 2, 2010

Lots of hard goodbyes

I am very bad at goodbyes.  I don't like them and prolong them as long as I can.  We had a lot of hard goodbyes recently!  Thankfully, in this day and age, it's a lot easier to keep in touch with blogging, skype, cheap or free long distance calling, email, etc.  And, I know we'll be back to visit.

Our first goodbye was one of the hardest - to Gran & Gramps (my mom & stepdad) who came to spend a couple days with us and helped with some packing.   We went to dinner in downtown Livermore for yummy Thai food at Star Anise. 
Had to put this picture that Doug got of Hudson as he fell asleep on the pillows waiting for our food.
As you can tell from this picture, Kerrigan was really upset about saying goodbye to Gran and Gramps :).  Actually, she and Sutton cried themselves to sleep that night.  Thank you for your help Mom & Wayne and for coming down to spend time with us before we moved.  We love you very much and will miss you!
The kids' favorite babysitter, Anna, babysat for us one last time....
while we had dinner with our Biblical Counselors & mentors who have been very helpful to us.
 It was great to see you again Jay & Jan!
We had a great time spending the evening with some of our good friends from LRBC & Sutton's school.  Thank you Gretchen for organizing and Judy & Jim for hosting!  We love you all!
all the kiddos :)
 Thank you Jay for arranging a great evening to send us off and Nathan and Rita for hosting!
We'll miss you all, too, so much!
I'm so sad that I forgot to get a picture of all my dear friends from the gym during the little goodbye gathering, until most of you left.  Thank you for organizing, Laurel!  It was great to hang out with you all.  Thank you for making the time to do so!  I'm really going to miss seeing you all multiple times a week! 
Thank you, Julie and Peter, for the wonderful send off party at your house with many of our great South Bay friends!  It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with you all!  Thank you for being there! 
We'll miss our weekly small group Bible study!  We love you guys!
and the Johnsons, too!
 
We'll miss all our wonderful neighbors, as well!  Here the kids are saying goodbye to 'Mr. Bob', whom they loved seeing and talking to nearly every day.
There are so many people we will miss so much!  We love you all! 
Keep in touch, please!  And, come visit anytime!

2 comments:

Stef said...

ah! sweet post for your family and friends!!
I loved seeing familiar faces in these pictures :)

You'll never forget these wonderful people. I worried SO much that by making new friends, I'd somehow forget the "old" ones... but you never do. And, I think you realize quickly who your truest friends are.

gretchen said...

aw Brooke, we miss you already. It's no surprise that so many people love you. you've opened yourselves up and had genuine close relationships, in doing that you open yourself to sad goodbyes but also friends that you'll have for a lifetime.
We love you guys.

I'm so glad Oliver and Hudson had so much fun too. as Patrice would say "see you in 2014 for world cup"