So, we found (well Doug pretty much discovered them for me) a few running routes around us that I can run from the door or just drive about a mile or so to the start. Again, I only had my phone since I was running, but got some pics with it. I was excited to have some 'hills' to run and some more tree-lined scenery. This one route is the best, but have some others that I mapped out on Google Earth so know the mileage of each and routes all mapped out for reference. I have about 5 different routes mapped out. I do so much better when I can get out and run!
This is much prettier to me than straight and flat. I wasn't sure how long I could run those straight, flat, corn field routes! This is a nice change of pace for me - green rolling hills.
and Sutton loves to come here and hand feed these horses grass. They love her, too. The owner saw us one day and actually offered the pony for free! Sutton was so excited and we really seriously considered it, but turns out it can't live in a barn, because it has asthma and has spent every winter of its life in Florida (my kind of pony! :) ). Not exactly feasible for us, though.
I love this part, running up this small, tree-lined hill
(Doug and I have actually gotten to run together some, too!)
this is along one of two off shoot paths from the main path. It actually reminds me of trails I ran often in CA.

this is more of what we usually see. The pretty scenic, hilly paths don't last for long, but I'm thankful to have some!



4 comments:
I cannot get over how different the places we live look! Around us, its hard to find completely open pasture, with NO hills or mountains beyond it. I think I'd feel lost! :)
But, these are beautiful pictures and I love the path you ran on. Wow. Breathtaking.
Hey Stef,
Funny you should say you'd feel lost. That's exactly how it feels for me. Most everything looks the same and I OFTEN get lost on the country roads. I'm starting to be able to get around much better now to the places I know, but I got lost all the time for a while!
And, yes, I know, it's amazing how different 2 places in the same country can be and look!
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!!!!
We miss y'all and are so inspired by your faith. Thanks for keeping us posted and Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Team Argo!
Thanks for keeping up with us! Good to hear from you!
We'll be praying for you in your coming move and adventures!
Post a Comment