Thursday, November 4, 2010

4.0

Well, I cannot avoid it, as much as I would like - I have now entered a new decade - the 40s!  Those are not easy numbers to come out of my mouth when addressing my age (even though I've been practicing for a year!)  I'm pretty certain each subsequent number, especially in the tens column, will be just as difficult to add!  To make the transition a little smoother Douglas gave me a new '4.0'!! :)....
My mom and stepdad are also here visiting to help the transition and we are continuing the 'celebration' through the weekend while in Chicago.  Doug also took me to a nice dinner at June - pretty much the only organic, sustainable farmed foods restaurant in the area :).  It was yummy!  

2 comments:

Stef said...

yay!!!! I love that we both got the same new phone. We should let the kids Facetime with each other!!

I think you look fabulous for being 40 and having such young kids makes you seem even younger! Plus, I hear 40 is the new 30... so technically we're the same age :)

Glad you had a nice dinner out - looks yummy!

Flo said...

Happy Birthday, Brooke! You're Fabulously Forty... God has blessed you!!!