Back when Doug was in Brazil, the kids and I went up to Chicago (about 2 1/2 hours from here) with Leann, Lexi & Wesley (Whitley stayed with her grandma), and stayed overnight. We had a good time.
We hit all the stores that we don't have here -- Ikea, Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn (Leann is building a house and I had some gift cards to use to help spruce up & organize our house), Trader Joe's and American Girl and Lego store for the kids. We had some yummy organic food that is easy to find in Chicago, too!
We stayed out of the city in a very cute little town called La Grange.
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and only had my old phone which isn't the best for taking photos....
Out for dinner in La Grange. Unfortunately, it was too dark to get any photos of the really cute and quaint downtown. I'm sure we'll be there again, though!
After a yummy lunch at Whole Foods on the river in Chicago. This is the biggest Whole Foods I've seen and it had an awesome food court area with a ton of different types of food to choose from.
I loved the yellow trees and the city skyline
It was fun to take the girls here. The boys weren't as excited as you can tell by Hudson in this photo. Although, other than this photo, they were really supportive and patient in there :).
This picture of Sutton turned out horrible, but we had to get one of her with her doll - Kaya.
And, we got this one of Kerrigan by 'Kit', because she reminds us so much of Kerrigan :)
I was bummed not to have my camera. I love the architecture in Chicago - especially with the pretty fall trees.
We had fun walking the 8 blocks to the Lego store, because they had lego creations dispersed along the way.
at the entrance of the store - more amazing lego creations
Here's Hudson with a lego TRex and skyscrapers
and a lego Darth Vader
I love the history of the old buildings and interspersed with the new. I can't help but imagine the city as it was in the beginning.
There is so much to do and see in Chicago, I could stay there for weeks. I love Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment