Saturday, December 8, 2012

Eight!

Hudson turned 8 three and a half weeks ago (Nov. 14)!
Clearly, our blog has been sorely neglected since summer.
I'm hoping to do a big catch up post and get back on track.  We'll see :)

I did want to at least get Hudson's birthday logged before 2013....

H A P P Y   8th  B I R T H D A Y,  H U D S O N !

It has been a privilege to watch you grow and mature.
Time sure does fly!
I do miss our sweet, little, cuddly, chubby boy,
but you are growing up into a talented, strong, sweet, big boy.
We are so proud of you and love you so much thanking God for the gift of you and for working in you!


We celebrated with Doug's family at Grandma & Grandpa's house the Sunday before his birthday.


Can you tell that's an '8' on his cupcake?

Legos from Grandma & Grandpa! Hudson LOVES legos!

With all the cousins (minus Londyn who wasn't feeling good)

We also celebrated later with just our family.
Hudson picked coconut flour pancakes for his birthday breakfast 
and chicken and dumplings for his birthday dinner (of course I found a healthy version for him :)).  
Afterward, we surprised him with the first Star Wars movie (rented from the library :) ) to watch.  
He's been asking begging to watch that for a couple years.  
We also gave him a skateboard (and elbow / knee pads!) 
that he's been wanting for a couple years, as well. 
I was hoping to put a picture of him on it, but sadly don't have one yet.

Happy Birthday, Buddy! 
We Love You!




1 comment:

Stef said...

WOW! I can't believe our boys are getting so big. I remember like yesterday when you had Hudson and Ethan was due to arrive only 3 months later.
Also, I could totally see the 8 on the cupcake :)

Happy Birthday, Hudson! Welcome to the official Star Wars club :)