Monday, April 2, 2012

Who Would Have Thought?

That they'd be making lemonade on April 2 in Illinois!?  What's even more surprising and amazing is that the weather has been this nice for a month!  It's been in the 70s most days!  The winter was very mild and much shorter than usual and the spring that has come early (at least one or two months early) has been wonderful with just a few thunder storms mostly only at night!  I'm bummed I haven't gotten more pictures.  The daffodils, tulips and such have come and gone.  The tree blossoms have all blossomed and everything is getting greener and greener.  If spring is like this here, I prefer it to fall, even.  Last year, the winter was miserable and very long.  The spring had maybe 2 nice weeks total where it wasn't raining.  So, this winter and spring has been a real treat!  I literally thank God every day!  Doug's grandfather even said that this is the best winter he can remember in his 80+ years in Illinois!!  I'm a little nervous about what it means for this summer -- could be really hot and humid and even more bugs than usual since the ground didn't freeze.  But, I've been enjoying it while it lasts.  I have seen way more sun this year than last!  That does wonders for me :)  Don't get me wrong, I still miss home very much, but am so thankful for God's provision for making things more 'palatable' here for this California Girl.

They brought lemons, water and honey outside and made lemonade in their fort :)




No comments: