Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tornado?

So, the kids and I heard a siren outside and wondered if it was the tornado siren.  I know they have them, but haven't really heard one yet - we were too far away from it in Tremont.  So, we went outside and wondered how a tornado could be coming, because we could only see clear, blue skies in all directions.  But, who knows, I'm not used to this, so I called Doug to double check.  I let him listen to the siren through the phone and asked if he knew what it meant.  He asked the guys he works with that were right there if they knew of any tornado warnings where we are.  They told him that every Tuesday at 10am, the tornado sirens everywhere are tested.  So, we gave the guys a good laugh and now we know :).  Good to know we can hear the siren from our house, too.

1 comment:

Stef said...

haha! Just learning the ropes of where you live :)
I discovered that here in Washington, they do NOT call Emissions tests "smog tests" - I got laughed at several times.