After hiking to the volcano, we drove a few minutes over to Tabacon Hot Springs. It was pretty amazing. There were cooler water pools and medium hot and very hot pools. The hottest we saw were 41.5 degrees Celsius (106.7 F).
a cooler pool that the kids could go in
this was one of the hot ones
a fun water slide
Sutton braved it by herself
with Daddy waiting at the bottom
So, then Hudson wanted to try, but with Daddy.
Emergency exit signs were everywhere in case of an eruption
some more beautiful flowers
I saw this lizard
and then realized he was a Jesus lizard as he ran on the water. I heard about them, but didn't know what they looked like. I was excited that I got to see one and see him run on water, too.
then I saw another one a little later
It was fun to sit under and in the warm/hot waterfalls
We went home for naps and came back for dinner and a little more time in the water. The dinner was a huge buffet with some good stuff.
We went from there to view the volcano's hot lava in the dark (the only time you can really see it). It was a perfectly clear night perfect for viewing. The weather around the volcano is extremely unpredictable. We were very fortunate to have so much clear weather. We did get to see the lava, which was pretty amazing, but not too long after we got out of the car to watch it and photograph it, Hudson threw up. Poor little guy. We don't know if it was a reaction to the food or a 24 hr. bug. He threw up again all over his & Sutton's bed, so we had a fun night. He was all better in the morning and woke up saying 'I'm hungry'.













3 comments:
Guys,
It was nice to get caught up a bit. We put our house on the market a week back and have already accepted an offer. In other words, I havne't been following along as much. Fortunately, you had some period(s) without Internet access anyway, right?
Regarding our house, we are trying to upgrade in our zip code, but there isn't much on the market right now that we like. We may be renting for a while, but that's cool with us. Our kids are young enough to consider it an adventure (even if it's not South America).
Anyway...this may sound unbelivable, but we'd love to come visit with you guys and have you tell us more stories along with the pictures. Let us know when you're back and settled back in.
We can bring Sonoma's best and compare to your new favorites from the southern reaches.
Your friends,
The Donohue's
Brooke, as usual, the pictures are incredible!!! What an amazing experience you are all having.
I'm glad Hudson is okay from his little flu bug (or whatever it was)and hope that no one else will get it.
Enjoy your last few days of fun! :o)
the pool pictures really reminded me of a trip I took to a resort in Mexico several years back. Such a fun pool!
Your pictures are awesome, Brooke!! Ethan loved the story about the Jesus Lizard. One of his favorite Bible stories is Jesus walking on the water, so he was all smiles when I told him. :-)
Post a Comment