The morning after we arrived, we went to Arenal National Park to hike into the volcano. It was pretty neat. None of us have been so close to an active volcano.
I was a little nervous with all the signs saying 'enter at your own risk' and after the parking guy said to park back in first, so we could exit faster. So, I had us all stop to pray that the volcano wouldn't erupt and if it did, that we'd be able to get out of there in time. Obviously, since I'm writing this, we made it :).
standing on lava from the 1992 eruption
panoramic view of Lake Arenal from the volcano
picking up lava rocks. Not as light as we thought.
the kids and their 'umbrellas'
the kids did great. They loved climbing the lava.
we saw this white-nosed coati chasing a flying insect.



No comments:
Post a Comment