We had planned a week vacation in Sanibel, FL back in December preparing for a break from winter. Doug has been working a ton on a new product release at work and we all welcomed a time of relaxation and break. The winter here has not been nearly as bad as last winter, for which I have been extremely thankful, but it was still very nice to get away and go to warmer sunshine and beach. I love the beach and ocean. Love the sound of the ocean. Love to run along it. Love to walk along it. Love the warmth of the sun on my skin. Love the green. Oh, how I miss green. I grew up with green during the winter. I'm not used to everything being so dead for so long.
We took a small detour to Indiana first to visit Derek and family where they have been staying for 6 weeks of radiation treatment. It was nice to spend time with them and to see that they have a nice place to stay while there. Jill's House is a nice non-profit place built for cancer patients receiving treatment nearby. We then drove the remaining 19 hours! to FL from there. We drove through the night (Doug drove most, but I did help some :) ) and arrived at 10am.
Lexi & Sutton were very excited to see each other again. They played a lot and then, as often, they ended up reading together. There was a great library of many great books. Here they are reading American Girl Mysteries :).
Derek and Leann
Kerrigan and Whitley
The boys were off playing Wii, so I don't have a picture of them.
While I was out cold in the car after the long drive, Doug got this picture for me as he explored the island a bit after we got there. This was outside the Visitor's Center. Pretty funny -- for all us people retreating the colder parts of this side of the country.
More to come....

No comments:
Post a Comment