This is how a Californian runs in below freezing temps!
The kids laughed when they saw me.
I get lots of looks while I'm running -- either just because I'm running or because of my attire, not sure! It's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I'd much rather run in cold than in hot/humid - at least I can run harder and raise my heart rate to warm myself and put on good gear. When it's hot, you can't do anything to cool down.
I'm very thankful to my husband for using his REI gift card he received when he left Shea Homes 3 years ago to buy me awesome cold running gear! And, thank you friends at Shea Homes for giving it to him!! I couldn't do it without it!
My view most of my runs. Not the best scenery I've run in (at least in my opinion :) ), but the snow helps a lot to make it prettier.
2 comments:
I love snow on the ground with bright blue skies! Its so breathtaking.
We were very surprised to find there's lots of runners up here. I guess I assumed if it rains "all the time" people wouldn't be very active. Both aren't true :)
Cute picture of you (although had you not said I wouldn't have known it was you!). I too love snow with bright blue skies - beautiful picture, beautiful scenery (at least in my opinion! :)). Glad you're getting to run.
Post a Comment