With many thanks to Phil and Linda, we have had lots of fun horse time. They have two horses and Linda has been very gracious to let us ride with her and teach us a little bit how to take care of them.
The kids like to help do the horse chores.
These shots are just from the first day. I was really bummed that I forgot my camera the second day, because Hudson rode that day and there were some cute photo opps of him riding and of the kids mucking the stalls and such. Sadly, Hudson didn't get to ride the first day, because he lost his riding privileges due to some behavioral issues that morning :(.
Driving up to their house. There are some pretty parts around here, especially when it's sunny.
The barn & riding arena
View from the arena
Linda getting Cowboy ready and putting on his saddle.
My sweet horse lover in all her glory
Trotting!
Sutton is so comfortable and does such a great job up there.
She got to ride on her own the next time. She loved it!
She got to ride on her own the next time. She loved it!
Kerrigan's first ride on a big horse!
She was so cute and not afraid one bit! She loved it!
Big smiles when trotting!
I even got to ride!!
I loved horses as much as Sutton when I was her age and still am quite fond of them!
So fun!
Sutton took these pictures :) I think Linda got the next one.
Cowboy & me (by Sutton)
Cowboy is such a good boy
Sutton leading Cowboy back to the barn
Feeding sweet Cowboy a treat :)
Hudson feeding pretty Onyx.
Kerrigan feeding Cowboy with big sister's help
I was really sad to have to keep my word and not let Hudson ride the horses (and so was he),
but he did get to ride this!
He had fun!
Cowboy and Onyx hanging out in the pasture after the ride
They're such beautiful creatures!
Thank you Linda! We had a great time!























3 comments:
the horses are beautiful! I loved all the pics of you guys on them. Kerrigan's face in that one is adorable! she looks so proud and content :)
Also, their home/farm is gorgeous! Wow.
great photos!!
Linda
FUN times. I still remember our horse riding days in England. Maybe the kids should take lessons while you live there? Looks so fun :)
Post a Comment