Please lift Derek and Leann up in prayer today.
Derek is currently in surgery. The incision was made about 9am CST. The surgery will be a long surgery.
I'm praying that God guides each movement of the doctors' hands and that even they will be amazed by how smoothly and well the surgery goes, knowing it was God working through them. I'm praying for no complications and complete removal of the tumor, as well as a speedy recovery.
Thank you SO much for your prayers thus far! Derek and Leann have shared how blessed they've been by them and how amazing and humbling this has been for them. They can truly feel all the prayers and God's strengthening and comfort. Leann shared this song that awoke her early this morning -- "some through the waters, some through the floods, some through the fire, but all through the blood.....God gives a song, in the night season and all the day long."
Mom and Dad Sauder are with them at Mayo and Dad read this to them this morning -- Isaiah 43 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."
What an awesome and mighty God we serve!
And, he hears our prayers!....
Jer 29:12........ "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."
Jer 33:3......... "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things..."
Job 22:27...... "You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you..."
Ps 91:15........ "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him."
1Jn 5:14........ "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."
Jn 14:13........ "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
Jn 15:7.......... "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."
5 comments:
our family is praying and I emailed several friends who I know will be faithful in prayer.
thank you for keeping us updated.
Thanks, Stef!
is he out yet? I know you said long, but I had no idea it would be this long :(
We'll keep praying!
Sorry for the last comment - my friend Jessica was logged into my laptop and so it left it under her profile.
Just got word that they began closing him up about 10 minutes ago. He will be in recovery for about 2 hours.
Will update more later when know more. Thank you so much for praying!!
Post a Comment