Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy 2012!


We've been AWOL for a while!  It's' been months since I've posted.  We are still alive and well! We were busy moving and traveling for Christmas, but I will hopefully get caught up soon.  Who am I kidding?  I wasn't even caught up before this absence! 


We are still in Central Illinois, but have moved about 30 minutes from where we were.  We are enjoying being closer to our church, to grocery stores, to a good gym and to Peoria (the nearest ‘big city’).  God graciously provided a family that needed renters for their very nice 3-year old house as they will be in Geneva, Switzerland for 3 to 5 years.  This is a great provision for us in a town that has extremely few rentals at all.  


God knows that my heart would rather be back in California, but He knows more than I (Jer. 29:11) and has been gracious to provide for us here.  We’ll see what He has in store.  He has also been gracious to provide such a nice winter here this year.  For the first two weeks of January, I almost could’ve thought I was in California.  I’m told that is unheard of here in January!  

We hope you had a Merry Christmas and a wonderful start to the new year!



No comments: